Trip Participants Responsibilities
All participants on a trip are responsible for their own vehicles and the actions that they take. Adequate pre-trip preparation should be undertaken and as a minimum, participants should:
- Register for the trip with the Club Trip Coordinator or Trip Leader. Some trips may have strict limits on convoy numbers.
- Temporary members and visitors need to complete and sign the Temporary Member
/ Visitor — Trip Participant Form and hand over to the Trip Leader
- Submit the completed and signed Personal Details Form(s) to the Trip Leader(if required)
- Maintain their vehicle in a roadworthy condition and tyres must have suitable tread for the conditions anticipated.
- For longer range trips it is advisable to have a pre-trip vehicle inspection carried out by a reputable 4WD specialist
- Ensure that their vehicle has appropriate front and rear recovery points fitted. If not fitted as standard, they need to be installed by a competent fitter, and must be safe for use in a recovery situation
- Provide adequate personal supplies of fuel, food, water and clothing for the trip, relevant vehicle and equipment spares or as otherwise advised by the Trip Leader
- Obey the instructions of the Trip Leader at all times
- Not leave the trip without the Trip Leader’s knowledge.
Trip participants should have the following training / skills:
Minimum 4WD experience, in accordance with the advertised trip requirements and club policy requirements
Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate or as
appropriate for the trip Bush mechanic skills
Basic recovery Gear includes
- UHF radio
- Rated recovery points on front and rear of vehicle
- Snatch strap in as new condition.
- Rated Bow shackle to attach strap to vehicle if required.
- Fire extinguisher first aid kit & Prescription Medication
- Drinking water, warm clothes and food. Shovel, Toilet paper and matches.
- Basic spare parts for your car, Hoses, belts etc.
- Other spares or equipment may be re- quired for remote travel.
Self sufficient recovery includes
All basic recovery gear plus.
- Usually Powered Winch,
- Snatch Block and Cabledampener.
- Winch extension strap,
- tree trunk protector,
- bow shackles.
- Other Gear as required by trip leader.