Tail end Charlie
Easy – Medium
6 – 8
6.30 am, Saturday 20th September
BP Little River
UHF Channel 12
Radio, basic recovery gear, camping gear
We are planning on having 2 massive days of driving to get us onto the Island on the third day. We are aiming to be in Dubbo the first night, where we will stay in cabins/Budget motel to allow for pulling in late and leaving early again the next morning. We are hoping to make it to Toowoomba the second night, where we will free camp. We should be on Fraser Island by Monday afternoon. We’ll set up camp, then kick back and relax. We will have earned it by then!
We will have 5 full days on Fraser Island, before departing for Moreton Island on Sunday 28th.
We will have 3 full days on Moreton Island.
On Thursday 2nd September we will leave Moreton Island and begin travelling home, arriving back in Geelong Sunday 5th October.
Some approximate costs for the trip;
- Barge to Fraser Island $110 for vehicle only, $170 for vehicle and trailer
- Vehicle access permits $43.60 per Island
- Fraser Island Camping permit $67 per couple, $134 per family.
- Ferry to Moreton Island $274 vehicle only, $457 vehicle and trailer
- Moreton Island Camping permit $45 per couple, $90 per family
Please contact Matthew Mountjoyfor if you have any further questions